Company History

September 1945 Founder president Mamoru Kunii started personal mercantile store KOKUGO Shokai for sales of rubber products for medical and physical-and-chemical related fields.
September 1947 Reorganized store to KOKUGO Shokai Corporation with capital of 180,000 JPY.
June 1952 Changed store name to KOKUGO Gomu (Rubber) Corporation.
October 1964 Opened Osaka Sales Office in Takatsuki, Osaka.
November 1967 Opened Iwaki Sales Office in Iwaki, Fukushima.
June 1970 Increased capital to 20,000,000 JPY.
October 1974 Opened Adachi (Tokyo) Distribution Center to improve logistics efficiency.
October 1977 Changed company name KOKUGO Gomu (Rubber) Corporation to KOKUGO Co., Ltd., aiming to breakthrough as company for design, development, and sales of rubber and plastic products.
April 1983 Opened Quality Assurance Department in Tokyo Adachi Distribution Center.
June 1984 Opened Ibaraki-Tokai Sales Office in Tokai-mura, Ibaraki.
October 1986 Opened Shizuoka Sales Office in Hamaoka-cho, Shizuoka.
June 1988 Opened Tokyo Adachi Plant.
December 1988 Tokyo Adachi Plant was certified as medical instrument manufacturing plant.
[Current 3rd Class Medical Instrument Manufacturing and Sales License No. 13B3X00178]
September 1990 Opened Shizuoka Sales Office in Kanaya-cho, Shizuoka.
January 1995 Akinori Minami assumed office of President and CEO as Mamoru Kunii became Chairman.
October 1998 Opened Tokyo Logistics Center when Tokyo Adachi Plant was relocated.
August 2000 Opened clean room in Tokyo Logistics Center.
October 2002 Relocated Osaka Sales Office to Higashi-Tenma, Kita-ku, Osaka, as Osaka Branch Office due to business expansion.
August 2003 Obtained ISO 9001:2000 approval. [Registration No. JMAQA-1623]
October 2004 Opened Mie Sales Office in Tsu, Mie.
October 2004 Opened KOKUGO "e-net", online shopping site
April 2005 Tokyo Adachi Plant obtained following approvals in conjunction with revision of Pharmaceutical Affairs Act:

[Medical Instrument Manufacturing License No. 13BZ006030]
[3rd Class Medical Instrument Manufacturing and Sales License No. 13B3X00178]
June 2005 Opened Aomori Sales Office in Rokkasho-mura, Aomori.
June 2005 Opened Shizuoka Sales Office in Shizuoka, Shizuoka.
August 2005 Obtained ISO 14001:2004 approval. [Registration No. JMAQA-E580]
September 2008 Changed Ibaraki-Tokai Sales Office to Ibaraki-Tokai Branch Office due to business expansion.
April 2009 Acquired Sanpo Co., Ltd. as affiliated subsidiary.
July 2009 Acquired Minami Gomu Shoten Ltd. as an affiliated subsidiary.
July 2009 Tokyo Adachi Plant obtained following approvals:

[Veterinary Instrument and Apparatus Manufacturing License No.: 21 Medical Manufacturing No. 253]
[3rd Class Veterinary Instrument and Apparatus Manufacturing and Sales License No.: 21 (Medical Manufacturing and Sales) III No. 74]
July 2010 Relocated Mie Sales Office to Nagoya and opened Nagoya Branch Office due to business expansion.
May 2011 Opened Osaka Logistics Center Takatsuki, Osaka.
February 2012 Tokyo Adachi Plant obtained following certification:
[2nd Class Medical Instrument Manufacturing and Sales License No. 13B3X00177]
March 2012 Opened Osaka Branch Office in Tenma, Osaka.
January 2014 Integrated and relocated Shizuoka Sales Office to Nagoya Sales Branch.
April 2014 Changed Iwaki sales office to sales branch due to business expansion.
April 2016 Merged affiliated subsidiary Minami Gomu Shoten Ltd. into Sanpo Co., Ltd.